So you want to join our Jam Room Incubator Network? Awesome!
Who should setup a Jam Room Incubator: Running a weekly Jam Room takes time, energy, and passion. If you have all three of these, you might be just the person to establish a Jam Room in your city, town, or province.
Who should NOT setup a Jam Room Incubator: Anyone who is not willing to serve the members of their Jam Room. Basically a Jam Room Incubator is built upon service to the members. The board, President, and financial donations all work together to serve the members of The Jam Room Incubator.
Things to consider when setting up a Jam Room Incubator in partnership with TheJamRoom.org:
You will NOT be part of The Jam Room's nonprofit status or be entitled to any donations or revenue generated by The Jam Room. We do offer a process where you can qualify for gear and donations, but you will be a separate entity of The Jam Room, under your own 501C(3.) We encourage you to use The Jam Room guidelines to establish your own Jam Room Incubator and operate it in alignment with our weekly agenda, use our resources through the web portal, utilize our graphics/ logo, and even submit your music to us for inclusion on our platform under our submission guidelines. All for free and all without having to be a nonprofit or have a business license. But if you want to receive donations, free gear or any other amenity from us or your own donors, to help you grow your Jam Room Incubator, you will need to be properly registered as a 501C(3).
If you are not planning on accepting donations but have a strategy to generate revenue for profit, you only need a business license and not a nonprofit status. A for-profit strategy can simply be the production and sale of your music or the monetization of a social media channel, etc. But there are many more avenues you can consider. Either way, being connected to The Jam Room Incubator Network will serve you in many ways. The choice is yours. We'll discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each approach more, once you register.
Where you might want to start a Jam Room: Depending on the nature of the music you play, there are a number of potential venues to host a Jam Room.
1. If you're playing Contemporary Gospel music, your church may be the perfect place to host a Jam Room Incubator.
2. If you own a restaurant, night club, coffee shop or any other public venue, you have a great venue for establishing a Jam Room Incubator to attract guests who might consume your other products.
3. Schools can setup a Jam Room Incubator as well. By setting up a Jam Room in the school, you are creating a unique environment that's different than what is typically experienced by the students on a daily basis. This increase the visibility of your school, the music program, etc. The other thing is, it formalizes the kind of music and bands that are needed at dances, rodeo's, and other civic functions throughout the public.
We will discuss this more once you register.
Civic benefits of a local Jam Room Incubator: Music has always been at the heart of social constructs. Whether it's within a church, in a theater, or just part of the mainstream culture, music bonds people as it touches the soul and revives the spirit. Having a local Jam Room Incubator where people can hear live music, meet the creators and contribute to the process is invaluable and creates a sense of community without prejudice or judgment.
In the Jam Room members portal, Veterans are offered an entire music education for FREE on guitar through the generosity and excellent guitar teaching of Erich Andreas out of Nashville, Tennessee and for a Veteran, or any other Emergency Responder, with PTSD; to be able to sit and listen to music and meet other people without having to discuss their PTSD in order to get help, is like handing out tickets of gold.
A Jam Room Incubator that produces and profits from the music they make collectively and individually, brings a sense of accomplishment and the joy of revenue.
And lastly, the Jam Room isn't just for musicians. People with talents in other areas can participate as well. In fact, you need them to participate. There is need for writers, photographers, videographers, graphic artists, computer specialists, speakers, lighting experts, sound engineers, managers and leaders, maintenance crews, and custodial. The truth is, a thriving Jam Room will compel every sector of your community, big or small. And the other neat part about that is that it's not limited by age. From eight to eighty and beyond, everyone has something that they can contribute to the whole.
Hidden Benefits: There are many hidden benefits to hosting your own local Jam Room and using our resources to fuel it.
1. Ever hear the saying that money attracts money. Well the same goes for instruments and gear. We will shed more light on this inside the setup spreadsheet, but once you start a Jam Room, get ready to start collecting a ton of instruments and gear that people will either donate to your cause or let you have for a very good price.
2. The people you will meet because you have a Jam Room is awesome, and you'll meet them everywhere as the word get out that you are the host of a local Jam Room.
3. It's kind of cool to be at the helm of a tool that empowers musicians and community at such a high level. If you like being known and appreciated for serving, this is a great way to enjoy the process at the highest levels.
4. By hosting a Jam Room, you have a structured venue that you can invite professional musicians to, guests that wouldn't generally accept just any invitation, and you have the ability to gain exposure through The Jam Room platform and possibly attract your favorite artist(s.)
5. As a musician or a lover of music, you will grow, become more connected to music and hopefully develop a greater influence in the world of music wherever you live. There is something very satisfying about doing more than just playing music. Because contribution is the greatest form of expression, a Jam Room provides a heightened sense of participation and involvement.
Get Started: If all of this sounds good to you, then your next step will be to download our Jam Room Setup Guide. This guide is a spreadsheet that outlines each step necessary to frame your Jam Room to take advantage of the benefits we offer. You don't have to do everything in the guide, but the more you are able to configure, the closer to our model you will resonate and the more effective your Jam Room will be for its members and participants.
The setup spreadsheet will include links to spreadsheets, other websites, and videos that will continue to expand in their scope, as The Jam Room grows and matures. Each link will give you access to whatever tool you need at every stage of the setup process. However, it will be up to you to implement each step.
No need to get it all done right away. Little by little more supporters will get involved and you will have a thriving resource. Be patient and persistent and you'll see your vision come to life.
To join our Community of Jam Rooms and begin receiving the benefits of collaboration, fill in the form below to receive our setup instructions.